Glantraeth 5-1 Llanrwst Utd

April 24, 2017

The Rwsters travelled to table toppers Glantraeth knowing that they would need to be in the best of forms to get anything against the likely champions.


In came Barry Jones for the injured Steffan Whiteley, and 16 year old Loui Harris was given his chance in goal.


Glantraeth started brightly, and took the lead on 9 minutes. Corrig Mcgonigle sent a fantastic cross field pass in to the feet of Harry Galeotti, he cut inside passed Chris Nicolson and hammered the ball passed Harris.


Llanrwst grew in to the game, Luke Roberts’s energy and pace causing Tom Clarke and Gerwyn Jones to be on top of their game in the Glantraeth defence.


In a half of very few chances, Glantraeth got the all-important second goal on 43 minutes. Hedd Williams and Barry Jones switching off at the back which let in Capatain Kieren Jeffreys whos shot blasted passed the diving Harris.


2-0 Half Time.


Llanrwst Utd brought on Callum Parry for the injured Chris Nicolson, Parry going into the number 10 role, Leon Doran moving to Right Back.


Paul Cassidy sent Luke Roberts through on goal on 59 minutes, Ben Heald using all his experience to keep a clean sheet for Glantraeth.


Heald managed to hold on to the ball and his long kick up the field was brought down superbly by Mcgonigle, his second touch pushed the ball passed Doran was smashed in to the striker. Referee Kelvin Lewis awarding the penalty.


Need any one say more, Mconigle made it 3-0 with a fantastic penalty in to the top corner.


Even though the Rwsters were 3-0, they always looked dangerous on the counter attack and Luke Roberts got his just reward, when Mullender sent him through on goal and Roberts beat Heald to the ball to make it 3-1.


Glantraeth went on to score a fourth and fifth late in the game, goals coming from Shaun Lock and Mcgonigle added his second of the game, his 51st of the season!


















Please reload

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2015 by Llanrwst Utd FC