A game of two halves

April 14, 2017

Llanrwst Utd were looking to go four games unbeaten, but a poor second half performance resulted them losing 1-2.


The first half the Rwsters looked in control, and were dominating possession and creating some great opportunities but unfortunately weren’t ruthless enough in the final third.


Aron Hughes and Callum Parry’s movement were causing Dyrny’s makeshift back four all kind of problems, but both were guilty of missing the targets from close range.


Prolific goalscorer Marc Roberts was always looking like a threat in attack for the visitors but any clear cut chances were dealt well by Leighton Griffiths and Steffan Whiteley.


Hughes and Matt Beach linked up well in a central area before Hughes jinked his way passed Dion Jones, the defender bringing the striker down but no penalty was awarded.


A perfectly weighted pass by Barry Jones on 38 minutes, was met by Elliot Llewellyn out on the left, took a great first touch and a powerful run it to the box, but as he was about to settle himself he was brought down by Pendleton and referee Billy Fuller had no choice but to award the penalty. Up stepped Callum Parry, who slotted the ball passed the keeper. 1-0.


As half time approached, former Llanrwst Utd player Dan Lloyd, (playing Left Back for LLandyrnog on the night) was involved in an altercation with Chris Nicolsons, the LLanrwst Utd Right Back. Nicolson reacted and he was fortunate not to be sent off. The incident was similar to the famous one that happened between Vinnie Jones and Gazza, where Jones grabbed Gazza by the unmentionables!


The message would have been more of the same from the Rwsters but on 52 minutes, a great delivery from a corner by Liam Jones was met by that man Roberts, he was unmarked and six yards out, he finished calmly and Dyrny were level. 1-1


Things got from bad to worse for the Rwsters, another set-piece wasn’t dealt with quick enough and Billy Homes met another great ball by Jones and his header went in off the far post. 1-2.


The Rwsters did push for an equaliser, Aron Hughes took his chance well, a tidy lob over the keeper but the linesman waved Callum Parry off side!





















 Pictures Courtesy Of Heath Roberts - LLanrwst



Please reload

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2015 by Llanrwst Utd FC