January 17, 2017


Chirk AAA, 2014 Finalists, went through to the Quarter Finals of this years FAW Trophy courtesy of a hard earned 2-1 away win at Gwydir Park. 
They did it despite going down to ten men after 30 minutes when Will Evans was shown a straight red card as he was the last man, bringing down Callum Parry. 
Debutant Jordan Bellham was causing all kinds of problems with his pace and trickery down the left hand side, and The Rwsters best chance came when Bellham and Cassidy combined and found Parry but somehow his effort missed the target from 4 yards out. 
Chirk AAA took the lead just before the break when Adam Williams cross was inadvertently put into his own net by defender Corey Taylor from close range after a goalmouth scramble to put the Colliers ahead.
It was backs against the walls in the second period for Chirk AAA but they always looked composed and went further ahead on 60 minutes when the impressive Adam Williams broke through to put his side 2-0 ahead with half hour to play.
Chirk AAA tired, as Llanrwst Utd put the pressure on and eventually pulled a goal back with 20 minutes to go. 
Matt Beach closing down the keeper and the ball fell to Parry to slot it home. 
It was certainly a frantic final end to the game with Chirk defending heroically and no more so than keeper Zac Bebbington who pulled off a number of great saves to keep his side ahead.
Captain Leighton Griffiths thought he equalised but his header came off the post and in to Bebbingtons hands. 
The Rwsters had further chances but Cassidy and Parry couldn't hit the target. 
Llanrwst Utd manager said: This game was the story of our season so far. We created 4 or 5 good chances but failed to convert them. However the lads ran themselves to the ground and battled to the finish in treacherous conditions. 
The Rwsters travel to Llandudno on Saturday in the Mawddach Cup game against Llandudno Albion, 1.30 kick off


Please reload

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2015 by Llanrwst Utd FC