Spirited Rwsters take all 3 points!

November 2, 2016

Llanrwst Utd travelled to Cae Nant, to face an impressive Llandyrnog Utd side. 

After a great home performance against Penrhyndeudraeth last week, the Rwsters were hoping for more of the same, and went into the game full of confidence. 


     Dyrny won the toss and elected to shoot "downhill" first half. The first 20 minutes went by with no note able action, as both sets of defences were stubborn and nullified any sign of attacks. With 22 minutes on the clock, Mike Lundstram lost his marker and headed home from a corner. On 25 minutes, that same man nearly scored his second, but a great save by Christian Wright parried the ball around his left post. 


That save by Wright seemed to wake the Rwsters up, as a great ball from the right by Chris Nicolson on 30 minutes found the unmarked Leighton Griffiths, but his header went over the bar. Another good ball in from the right, this time by Elliot Llywellyn, his cross found Callum Parry but again, his header went over the bar. As the half time whistle went, Dyrny seemed to be the more frustrated side going in at the break. 1-0. 

No changes were made from either manager at HT.


The second half started and it was the Rwsters on top, winning most of the tackles and headers and looking the only team to go on and score. Matt Mullender's pace and trickery down the left causing all kinds of problems for the Dyrny back line. On 62 minutes, Dyrny keeper failed to hold on to a cross and there was Callum Parry to tap home from 6 yards out. 


Things were to get better for Parry and the Rwsters on 68 minutes, as that man again latched onto a long ball and he slotted home from 20yards, passed the on coming keeper. 

On 70minutes, the game turned nasty as both sets of players clashed, substitute Gene Faulkes and Elliot Llywellyn received red cards for the Rwsters, but for some reason, the referee only branded a yellow card to one of the Dyrny players. 

With 20 minutes plus the stoppage time still to play, Dyrny would have fancied themselves to go on to win the game but they couldn't break down the resilient back line of the Rwsters. 


Manager Barry Owen said: I couldn't of asked anymore of the squad last few weeks, attitude and togetherness has been first class. To have two players sent off with 20+ minutes still to play, we defended brilliantly. I can't remember them having a shot on goal in the second half. Credit must go to all the boys. 


Llanrwst Utd next home game is on Saturday 29th, where Barmouth & Dyffryn are the visitors. 2.30 KO

Please reload

  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon
  • Instagram Social Icon

© 2015 by Llanrwst Utd FC